Unlimited Adventure Special Offer
Customize your perfect adventure by pairing one of our EcoCamp Programs with a trip to Atacama or the rest of Patagonia and get 10% off that accompanying program!
Check our suggested matching program:
Terms & Conditions
- Only valid when booking an EcoCamp program of 4 days or longer
- Only valid for travel between September 9th, 2017 and May, 2018
- Offer cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions
- The discounted program must be of a minimum of 4 days
- The discounted program must be in Patagonia (Chile & Argentina) or Atacama only
- This discount does not apply for the following programs: Atacama Desert Awasi Tour Experience
Your booking is based on Chilean pesos (CLP), but you pay in US$ (USD), using the exchange rate valid on the day of payment which will be shown in your order. This exchange rate may vary between the date you pay your deposit and the date you pay your outstanding balance, but rest assured this is the best way to keep our prices competitive and ensure the best rate for you!
- Find conditions for children in General Information below
- Flight tickets not included; ref. SCL/PUQ/SCL (Approx ticket cost: USD 400 p.p.)
- Accommodation at the refugio will be provided either in dormitories or in the refuge's camping area consisting of a comfortable tent, including mat, sleeping bag and a polar fleece liner; our team will set up and dismantle all this. The campsite provides satisfactory bathroom facilities. Meals will be served inside the refuges.
Private or Customised Departures
We can do it, please contact us.
- All ground transport as indicated in the itinerary
- Regular bus tickets Calafate<>Natales if starting/finishing in Calafate - check last section
- One expert English/Spanish speaking trekking guide
- Cueva del Milodon and Torres del Paine NP fees
- 3 nights accommodation at EcoCamp (dome of your choice)
- 1 night accommodation at Refugio Paine Grande* (shared basis)
- Boat crossing over Pehoe Lake ** and Grey Lake **
- Sleeping bag for the mountain hut if needed
- Luggage transport: while trekking you will carry just your daypack
- day 1: L, D
- day 2: B, BL, D
- day 3: B, BL, D
- day 4: B, BL, D
- day 5: B, BL
- B: breakfast, BL: box lunch, L: lunch, D: dinner.
* Either in refugio or refugio's camping area
**During Shoulder and low season (October and April), some excursions are subject to the weather conditions and might be cancelled or modified for reasons of security, for example the Navigation on Grey Lake, the excursion to the French Valley and to the Tower base trek. In any case we will either modify the original itinerary or offer you a good alternative of excursion within the park.
- Flight tickets
- Insurance (it is mandatory you purchase appropriate insurance for this trip)
- Voluntary tipping of guides and staff
- Soft drinks or snacks not served with the meals included at the EcoCamp. Bringing US$ in cash for buying extra drinks/snacks or souvenirs in Torres del Paine NP is recommended
- Items of a personal nature
Group Size & Guiding Staff
9 travelers is the most typical group size, plus guiding staff. Maximum 12 clients. Guide to passenger ratio: 1:6
In Torres del Paine and throughout Patagonia transport is in minivans that normally seat from 8 to 14 people. Pick up / Drop off times shown in the Weekly Transfer Board are approximate and will be confirmed locally by our operations team. An exclusive toll-free emergency number will be available for anyone needing additional support while they are in Chile.
The vast unbroken stretch of ocean to the west and south of the South American continent leaves the Patagonian Andes very exposed to winds that circle the Antarctic landmass. In addition, the strong marine influence and the affect of the Southern Patagonia Ice field make the weather hard to predict. In spring or early summer fine weather may deteriorate almost without warning, bringing rain and even snow. Even in summer (December to March) you should come prepared to find strong cold winds (up to 130 km/hr) and rainfall. The summer’s average temperature is 11ºC/52ºF (24ºCmax, 2ºC min). However, just as quickly as the weather turns nasty, it can become lovely and sunny. So come prepared for all types of weather!
This is the right trip for energetic people who like to be active and have a spirit of adventure and a positive attitude. To enjoy this trek it is essential to be in shape before you arrive. It is not wise to regard this trek as a means of getting into shape or losing excess weight. Start a program of conditioning well before departure.
- Youngsters who are 13 years of age or older are welcome and are considered adults.
- Children between 10 and 12 might be accepted in this program if their legal guardian sends a formal letter stating that the child is prepared for such an intense trekking trip and authorizes us to hire a private guide in case the child cannot perform well during the trek.
- Children under 10 years of age cannot participate in this trip.
- This trip doesn’t offer a special discount for children.
What you need to bring
Passengers need to be prepared for summer and winter all at once. Essential equipment includes a one day backpack (30 liters - to carry camera, glasses, rain coat, etc), trekking or hiking boots, extra shoes for evenings or in case others get wet, waterproof jacket, two pairs of woollen socks, fleece jacket or sweater, shorts or comfortable loose pants, sun protection (glasses, hat, lip balm and screen) and optional capilene underwear for the upper and lower body. US$ in cash for buying extra drinks/snacks or souvenirs in Torres del Paine NP.
The weather in Patagonia can be difficult to deal with at times. We reserve the right to change the order of the days in any itinerary at the discretion of the trip guide and based on operational considerations. The trip guide can modify, change or eliminate part of the itinerary based on safety/weather considerations.