Rates are valid from October 2019 to April 2020
*What's CLP? Your booking is based on Chilean pesos (CLP), but you pay in US$ (USD), using the exchange rate valid on the day of payment which will be shown in your order. This exchange rate may vary between the date you pay your deposit and the date you pay your outstanding balance, but rest assured this is the best way to keep our prices competitive and ensure the best rate for you!
EcoCamp Patagonia Seasons
- Low Season
- October 6th to 15th, 2019 (Spring)
- April 18th to 26th, 2020 (Autumn) - last departure on April 26th, 2020
- Shoulder Season
- October 16th to 31st, 2019 (Spring)
- April 1st to 17th, 2020 (Autumn)
- High Season
- November 1st to December 14th, 2019
- January 21st to March 31st, 2020 (Summer)
- Peak Season
- December 15th, 2019 to January 20th, 2020 (Summer)
Regular Departures. Every Sunday from October 2019 to April 2020
>> Do you want a private departure for this trip? We can do it, please send us an e-mail
Special Itinerary - 6 Day W trek in September
We have 3 special departures coming up for the W Trek in September. The itinerary for these September dates differ slightly from the original program due to changes in weather conditions, daylight hours and third party services.
• September 6th, 2019
• September 13th, 2019
• September 20th, 2019
Note: different prices will apply for this departure. Prices based on 2+ people group.
Starting / Finishing Points
The trip starts on Sunday and finishes on Thursday with pick-ups and drop-offs in Punta Arenas, Puerto Natales or El Calafate. Please visit our Weekly Transfer Board for details of EcoCamp pick up and drop off times from both Chile and Argentina.
This is the right trip for energetic people who like to be active and have a spirit of adventure and a positive attitude. To enjoy this trek it is essential to be in shape before you arrive. It is not wise to regard this trek as a means of getting into shape or losing excess weight. Start a program of conditioning well before departure.
- All ground transport as indicated in the itinerary
- Regular bus tickets Calafate<>Natales if starting/finishing in Calafate
- One expert English/Spanish speaking trekking guide
- Torres del Paine National Park fee
- 3 nights accommodation at EcoCamp (dome of your choice)
- 1-night accommodation at Refugio Paine Grande (1) (shared basis)
- Boat crossing over Pehoe Lake and Grey Lake (2)
- Sleeping bag for the mountain hut if needed
- Luggage transport: while trekking you will carry just your daypack
- day 1: Lunch, Dinner
- day 2: Breakfast, Box Lunch, Dinner
- day 3: Breakfast, Box Lunch, Dinner
- day 4: Breakfast, Box Lunch, Dinner
- day 5: Breakfast, Box Lunch
- B: breakfast, BL: box lunch, L: lunch, D: dinner.
- Either in refugio or refugio's camping area
- During Shoulder and low season (October and April), some excursions are subject to the weather conditions and might be canceled or modified for reasons of security, for example, the Navigation on Grey Lake, the excursion to the French Valley and to the Tower base trek. In any case, we will either modify the original itinerary or offer you a good alternative of excursion within the park.
- Flight tickets
- Insurance (it is mandatory you purchase appropriate insurance for this trip)
- Voluntary tipping of guides and staff
- Soft drinks or snacks not served with the meals included at the EcoCamp. Bringing US$ in cash for buying extra drinks/snacks or souvenirs in Torres del Paine NP is recommended
- Items of a personal nature
Group Size & Guiding Staff
9 travelers is the most typical group size, plus guiding staff.
- Maximum 12 clients.
- Guide to passenger ratio: 1:6
- Youngsters who are 13 years of age or older are welcome and are considered adults.
- Children between 10 and 12 might be accepted in this program if their legal guardian sends a formal letter stating that the child is prepared for such an intense trekking trip and authorizes us to hire a private guide in case the child cannot perform well during the trek.
- Children under 10 years of age cannot participate in this trip.
- This trip doesn’t offer a special discount for children.
In Torres del Paine and throughout Patagonia transport is in minivans that normally seat from 8 to 14 people. Pick up / Drop off times shown in the Weekly Transfer Board are approximate and will be confirmed locally by our operations team. An exclusive toll-free emergency number will be available for anyone needing additional support while they are in Chile.
The vast unbroken stretch of ocean to the west and south of the South American continent leaves the Patagonian Andes very exposed to winds that circle the Antarctic landmass. In addition, the strong marine influence and the effect of the Southern Patagonia Icefield make the weather hard to predict. In spring or early summer, fine weather may deteriorate almost without warning, bringing rain and even snow. Even in summer (December to March), you should come prepared to find strong cold winds (up to 130 km/hr) and rainfall. The summer’s average temperature is 11ºC/52ºF (24ºCmax, 2ºC min). However, just as quickly as the weather turns nasty, it can become lovely and sunny. So come prepared for all types of weather!
What you need to bring
Passengers need to be prepared for summer and winter all at once. Essential equipment includes:
- One day backpack (30 liters - to carry camera, glasses, raincoat, etc)
- Trekking or hiking boots
- Extra shoes for evenings or in case others get wet
- Waterproof jacket
- Two pairs of woolen socks
- Fleece jacket or sweater
- Shorts or comfortable loose pants
- Sun protection (glasses, hat, lip balm and screen)
- Optional Capilene underwear for the upper and lower body
- US$ in cash for buying extra drinks/snacks or souvenirs in Torres del Paine NP.
The weather in Patagonia can be difficult to deal with at times. We reserve the right to change the order of the days in any itinerary at the discretion of the trip guide and based on operational considerations. The trip guide can modify, change or eliminate part of the itinerary based on safety/weather considerations.