Rates are valid from January to December 2019
Regular departures with 3* accommodation
- CLP 517,900 per person / 2 or more people
- Single room supplement: CLP 107,100
Upgrade to 4* accommodation (Supplement)
- CLP 66,100 per person in double room
- CLP 267,300 in single room
What's CLP? Your booking is based on Chilean pesos (CLP), but you pay in US$ (USD), using the exchange rate valid on the day of payment which will be shown in your order. This exchange rate may vary between the date you pay your deposit and the date you pay your outstanding balance, but rest assured this is the best way to keep our prices competitive and ensure the best rate for you!
Regular. Every day on request. Upon arrival, you will receive the itinerary for the upcoming dates. Tours will be as described in the itinerary (the order might vary).
Starting / Finishing Points
The trip starts in the morning at Calama Airport, please book any flight arriving before midday. The trip finishes at Calama Airport, we recommend you to book an afternoon flight.
- All ground transport as indicated in the itinerary.
- 3 nights at a hotel in Hotel La Casa Don Tomas (3*) *
- Daily shared excursions as specified in the itinerary. Excursions.
- 1 English speaking guide on excursions.
- Entrance fees to national reserves and indigenous communities visited
- day 1:
- day 2: B, L
- day 3: B
- day 4: B
- B: breakfast, L: Lunch
*Optional upgrade at Hotel Altiplanico (4Sup*)
- Flight tickets
- Insurance (it is mandatory you purchase appropriate insurance for this trip)
- Voluntary tipping of guides and staff
- Items of personal nature
Group Size & Guiding Staff
20 maximum plus staff.
In the Atacama region, the weather follows a typical desert pattern of hot days and cold nights. The Atacama Desert is considered to be the driest place on earth and rain is rare most times of the year, although it should be noted that between December and March, Bolivia's wet winter weather can sometimes cause unexpected rainfall in the Atacama.
- Spring-Summer (October to March): Daytime temperatures usually range between 20°C - 24°C (68-77 F). Night time temperatures will most likely range from 5°C - 0°C (41 - 32 F)
- Autumn-Winter (April to September): Daytime temperatures range from 15°C -20°C (59-68 F). Night time temperatures will most likely be -10°C - 0°C (14 - 32F)
This trip does not demand physical activity other than walking at a normal pace over rather a flat terrain. Nevertheless, as you will be touring in high altitudes (the highest point reached on the fourth day at Miñiques Lagoon is 4,300 meters / 14,108 feet) oxygen deprivation - altitude sickness - will affect everyone to some extent. Guides will have oxygen tanks every day at disposition if someone feels sick during the tours.
What You Need to Bring
Once you book the trip we will send you a pre-trip Information booklet with useful and detailed information about your trip with us.
We reserve the right to change the order of the days in any itinerary at the discretion of the trip guide and based on operational considerations. The trip guide can modify, change or eliminate part of the itinerary based on safety/weather considerations.
Maximum altitudes reached each tour day:
- Day 1: San Pedro de Atacama: 2.400 meters / 7,900 feet
- Day 2: Miñiques Lagoons: 4,300 meters / 14,108 feet
- Day 3: Tatio Geysers: 4,200 meters / 13,780 feet
- Day 4: San Pedro de Atacama.