UPDATE / JULY 12, 2017
U.S. and Australian citizens are currently exempt from paying this fee. While it's unclear if this situation will become permanent, for now U.S and Australian. citizens traveling to Argentina do not need to pay a reciprocity fee. See More Info: USA - Australia
The Government of Argentina charges a reciprocity fee for citizens of the Canada entering Argentina from land, sea or plane.
What is the procedure?
All citizens of the Canada must pay their reciprocity fee online before crossing into Argentina and print their receipt to present as proof of payment at passport control.
Any passenger affected who tries to cross the border without proof of payment will be refused entry to the country.
How much do I have to pay online?
- Canada: $100 (Validity 3 months / U$S 150. - Validity 5 years)
How can I pay the Reciprocity Fee Online?
- Register at https://dnm.provincianet.com.ar/Login/IndexRegister# and obtain an entry code.
- Complete the form including personal and credit card details. This information and the entry code will be sent electronically to the DNM.
- After payment is processed, print (on paper, mobile screenshot will be not accepted) the receipt.
- Upon arrival in Argentina, go to the DNM Office and present the printed receipt.
- The receipt will be scanned by DNM staff and the data will be validated to enable entry to Argentina.